This book is written as per the CBCS syllabus of BA (Honours) Political Science, Paper XIV- Indian Political Thought – II for semester 6.
This book is based on the study of individual thinkers and introduces a wide span of thinkers and themes that defines the modernity of Indian Political thought. The objective of the book is to study general themes that have been produced by thinkers from varied social and temporal contexts.
The book covers 11 modern Indian Political Thinkers, their biography, works and thought on specific and varied issues. This book will help students to understand the reasons behind their thinking and thoughts and the ideas given by each of these thinkers.
The book begins with an introduction to the subject followed by chapters on Rammohun Roy’s ideas on Rights; Pandita Ramabai’s concept of Gender; Swami Vivekananda’s vision of Ideal Society; Mahatma Gandhi’s concept of Swaraj; Babasaheb Ambedkar’s views on Social Justice; Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore as a Critique of Nationalism; Mohammad Iqbal’s ideas on community; Veer Savarkar’s expression on Hindutva; Pandit Nehru’s views on Secularism; and Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’s concept on Socialism.
Dr Vijay Kumar Verma is MA Political Science, and Ph.D. from Delhi University. He has more than 17 years of experience of teaching Political Science to undergraduate and post graduate students in Dyal Singh College affiliated to Delhi University.
Dr. Akhilesh Pal is M.A., M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Political Science. He is Assistant Professor at Ishwar Saran P.G. College, Allahabad University.
Bhumika ( Preface )
Paribhashik Shabdawali ( Bibliography)
1. Vishay Pravesh ( Introduction )
2. Raja RammohunRoy : Adhikar( Raja Ram Mohun Roy : On Rights )
3. Pandita Ramabai : Gender ( Pandita Ramabai : On Gender)
4. Swami Vivekananda : Adarsh Samaj ( Swami Vivekananda : on Ideal Society)
5. Mahatma Gandhi : Swaraj (Mahatma Gandhi : On Swarajya)
6. Baba sahib Bhimrao Ambedkar : Samajik Nyaya (Baba sahib Bhimrao Ambedkar : On Social Justice)
7. Gurudev Ravindranath Tagore : Rashtravad ki Alochana (Gurudev Ravindranath Tagore : Critique of Nationalism )
8. Mohammad Iqbal : Samudaya (Mohammad Iqbal : On Community)
9. Veer Savarkar : Hindutva ( Veer Savarkar : On Hindutva )
10. Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru: Dharm Nirpekshata(Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru: On Secularism )
11. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia: Samajvaad (Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia: Socialism )
Shabd-Anukramanika ( Index )